Technology Support Technician
Interested applicants need to be local/willing to commute to Richmond, VA! Apply and send your most updated resume to Chelsea at [email protected]
IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician will be responsible for answering incoming support calls and providing efficient, strong customer support. The role also involves communicating directly with clients, investigating problems on their systems, and working closely with other members of the IT department. The Support Technician II will possess strong problem diagnosis and problem solving skills, have the ability to work effectively under pressure, willing to learn and to contribute to the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide, as appropriate, telephone/verbal application support to resolve incidents.
- Maintain written communication (i.e. log updates) to a professional and legible standard.
- Keep clients informed of the progress of outstanding logs.
- Monitor individual call stack and prioritization of individual logs by severity and client.
- Provide a personalized, high quality service to clients.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Configures, installs, updates, troubleshoots, repairs and replaces computer systems, terminals, peripheral equipment and related hardware throughout the organization.
- Provides internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years’ experience working on help desk preferred.
- MAC OSX, and Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems experience required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.