Data Backend Engineer
** If interested, please send your most updated resume to Coral at [email protected] **
Role: Data Backend Engineer (Mid-Sr Level)
Type: Long Term Contract [6+ months]
Rate: $70-77/hr W2
Location: Remote | EST hours
* MUST be willing to commute on-site to client location nearest you approx. once/quarterly *
Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a Data Backend Engineer for one of the nation's leading financial regulatory clients. This engineer will work in the Enterprise Data Platforms group which includes products covering the full data lifecycle: ingestion, cataloging, management, sharing, and authorization. Teams in our group develop platform-level services central to the company's cloud-based data lake that processes 100s of billions of market events daily.
The position is on a newly formed team created to improve data discovery, streamline the path to data access for analytics, and centralize the management of data authorizations. This work involves augmenting the company's metadata catalog and integrating with distributed compute engines like Spark and Presto that power our cloud analytics.
- Build the foundation of a complex new platform – the services we deliver must be secure, robust, and scalable from day one.
- Developing back-end service layer.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Integrate open-source distributed compute engines like Spark and Presto with client-developed and third-party data management products.
- Take ownership of code through the entire SDLC. This engineer is responsible for supporting production operations along with developing, testing, and deploying software.
- Ensure our software is aligned with product standards for security compliance and automated test coverage. Every member of our team writes product and test code.
- Participate actively in executing and evolving the team's advanced CI/CD process
- Keep up with the evolving technology ecosystem that drives our product development - innovative analytics use cases, emerging compute engines, and new cloud services.
- 5-7+ yrs hands-on engineering experience w/ Java, C#, Python (or comparable language)
- Solid foundation in object-oriented principles, multi-tier architectures, API development
- Exp. building complex release and deployment automation to create and manage distributed compute stacks in the cloud – k8s, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Exp. building AWS event-based architectures including S3, SQS, Lambda, SNS, EKS, EMR, Postgres
- Exposure to & knowledge of one or more big data compute engine such as Spark, Presto including both end-user and administrative experience
- Exp. working in an Agile environment where the team defines stories collaboratively, commits to delivering working software every iteration, and improves through retrospection
- Proven ability to maintain healthy team practices such as automated unit and functional testing, code reviews, and coding standards
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills + Attention to detail
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.