Location: On-site in Burleson, TX
Title: Network Engineer
To apply please email your resume to [email protected]
The Network Engineer position is responsible for the deployment and continued support of mission critical network infrastructure systems in areas such as:
• Cisco ASR and ISR Routers (1001-x, 1002, 1002-x, 4331, 4431, 4451)
• Cisco Catalyst Switches (9300, 3850, 3750x, 6509, 6880, 6807)
• Cisco Nexus Switches (2248, 2232, 5596, 9318)
• Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers (5508, 3504, 5520)
• Cisco Wireless Access Points (3502, 3602, 3702, 3802, 9100)
• Cisco Firewalls (5525x, 55156x, 5506x)
• Eaton UPS (1500, 2200, 5k, 6k)
• Cisco Meraki Switches (MX64, MX65)
• Cisco Meraki AP’s (MR33)
• Cisco IOS
• Cisco Prime
• Cisco Flex Connect
• Cisco ISE
• Basic support of local Firewalls
The position also requires demonstrated knowledge in the below areas:
• LAN/WAN technologies
• Spanning Tree
• OSI Model
• Access List Control (ACL)
• Network Address Translation (NAT)
• Port Address Translation (PAT)
• DHCP Scope
• Basic wireless survey technologies such as 802.11r, 802.11k, Air Magnet, Ekahau Sidekick and the ability to perform predictive wireless surveys, plus interpret results of a wireless survey.
• B.A or B.S. in a degree such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology or 7 years related experience.
• Minimum of 7 years in the support of an enterprise network platform in a 24x7 environment, including platforms such as Route Switch, Wireless and Security.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in supporting network infrastructure platforms such as Cisco Switches, ASR and ISR routers, VPN and Wireless Flex Connect.
• Network certifications preferred but not required. (I.E. CCNP, CCNA-Wireless, and CCNA-Security)
"To apply please email your resume to [email protected]"
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.