Telecommunications Specialist (must have an active DOD SECRET Security Clearance). To apply, please email [email protected]
Location: New Cumberland, PA
Terms: 6 months contract to hire - (Salary Range $89-98K year conversion)
**Valid Driver's License needed as you will be driving company truck for work/installation visits*
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Telecommunications Specialist will be required to work independently to:
- Perform daily telecom operations such as moves, adds, changes, daily maintenance, repair, new installations, testing, and attend meetings to maintain the highest level of voice communications.
- Participate in ongoing phone moves to include installation of phone lines, work with Voice Services and Network personnel to resolve discrepancies and ensure operation of ISDN, Analog or VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) endpoints/phones.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve all types of telephone hardware and software problems (e.g. no dial tone, static, misdirected/redirected calls etc.).
- Install ISDN, analog and VoIP conference phones and peripheral equipment on an as needed basis.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and document a wide variety of telecommunications circuits to include
- Transport connections; SDH, SONET, WDM, OTN, MPLS, PDH, DSL, fiber, and ordinary copper cables.
- Ethernet connections; Ethernet over microwave/MPLS/SDH/SONET, GPON, and carrier.
- Data connections; MPLS, IP, DCN, ATM and frame relays data connections. Voice connections;
- Customer voice connections, signal links, voice routes, voice core and access links, voice links to Public Address system (PA) systems used for Mass Notifications, and voice interconnects to other Telecommunications Providers.
- Video circuits to include Cable Television (CATV) from providers, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Video Teleconferencing (VTC), High Definition (HD), composite, component, and other video signal formats.
- Delivery of IT and telecom equipment to various customers throughout your designated location.
- Removal of endpoint or other IT equipment from customer to warehouse.
- Configuring/modifying/troubleshooting/deleting of
- VoIP hard phones.
- Softphone application installed on customers computer
- Extension Mobility profiles
- Voicemail profiles
- Phone numbers, speed dials, line behavior (i.e. ring behavior) for any phone connected to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager or utilizing the Cisco Prime Provisioning Collaboration Tool, UNIMAX Help One, and CAIRS (Configuration Accounting Information Retrieval System) to perform such tasks.
- Providing inventory support and updates on any asset status changes to the Information Technology Asset Management System (ITAMS) team, as required.
- VoIP device changes shall be made to the Telephone Management Systems (TMS) or local database as needed
- Monitor and work to resolve Enterprise Voice Services tickets in the DLA J6 ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) ticketing system (ServiceNow).
- Directing rechnical work on projects
- Prepare and deliver briefings and/or presentations
- Assist in the development of project plans
- 7 years of progressive IT experience including at least 5 projects; 1 project must have occured within last 3 years.
- Secret security clearance required
- Valid driver’s license and insurance throughout their coverage area and on installation
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.