Desktop Technician II
Desktop Technician Level II
Port Sulphur, Louisiana - 100% On-Site
6 Month Contract to Hire
*If interested in the following job opportunity, please email most up to date resume to [email protected]*
This position is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction of end users and peers by resolving their reported technical issue in a timely manner. This individual will have a desired goal of effectively delivering exceptional support to our end users from an onsite IT environment. This individual will touch network support, server support, mobile device support and deskside support. They will need to have a general understand to be able to understand networking and routing.
- Image PC’s and deploy applications using SCCM
- Install, replace and configure hardware, as well as install and configure all standard business and engineering software
- Perform general user and copier location moves for existing setups
- Perform hands-on advanced troubleshooting of Windows 10 OS, user desktops/laptops, printers, mobile devices, and peripheral devices
- Install and troubleshoot O365 applications (Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive and MS Office)
- Basic network and server knowledge to assist in troubleshooting and repairs (replace bad disk drive, replace memory, restart server)
- Perform installation and preventative maintenance of network and server equipment
- Performing infrastructure mobilization and demobilization tasks to support changing construction environment
- Manage Active Directory user accounts, including creating, deleting, modifying user accounts, and dealing with more complex account lockout issues
- Documentation of IT processes to be utilized by the Service Desk and technical teams where needed
- Hands-on experience with imaging, deploying machines and troubleshooting
- Experience with administration and support of PCs utilizing Windows 10 OS and Office 365 products
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange and an understanding of networking, switches, routers, firewalls, VLANs and wireless
- Ability to stay focused in a highly demanding environment
- IT industry certifications are preferred, specifically CompTia Network+, Security+, Microsoft Professional, and Cisco Associate
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.