SYS ENG-SYS/ARCHITECTURE - III
The client is looking for a Threat Research Advisory Center (VTRAC) consults multinational corporations and government agencies regarding their cybersecurity posture, as well as advising executive leadership teams, advisory boards, and boards of directors through cybersecurity incidents and strategic planning.
As a member of this world-class team of consultants located across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC you will be a part of a group that leads thousands of cybersecurity investigations and other proactive engagements while annually authoring the industry-leading Data Breach Investigations Report and Data Breach Digest going back to their inception in 2008.
What youll be doing:
- Working remotely (with occasional travel) in the continental U.S. as an integral part of a global response team.
- Leading and supporting complex engagements with a variety of clients across a wide range of business silos.
- Leveraging diverse methodologies to investigate cybersecurity incidents, which may include ongoing breach investigations, privacy issues, and non-compliance matters in order to provide an impact assessment and remediation recommendations to clients.
- Producing high-quality oral and written work products to present complex technical matters, clearly and concisely, to a variety of stakeholders.
Youll need to have:
- Four years of relevant digital forensic, cyber intrusion and incident response work experience, or similar.
- A bachelors degree from an accredited university (may be substituted for additional years of relevant work experience).
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to make recommendations to remediate complex security threats.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and present concise, relevant information to a non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to set and manage competing expectations and priorities with technical and senior stake- holders.
- Well-developed analytic, qualitative and quantitative reasoning skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities and ability to share knowledge with colleagues.
- Possess a valid drivers license.
- Willingness to Travel; Comfort with intermittent periods of significant travel, evening and weekend hours.
- A valid Passport. This can be obtained after position acceptance.
One or more technical certifications in areas such as incident handling, forensic analysis, reverse malware engineering or forensic tool-specific training.
- Developing and managing incident response programs
- Network infrastructure and communication protocols
- Packet capture and TCP/UDP traffic flow analysis
- System and network log analysis
- Programing or scripting languages(such as Python, PowerShell, etc.) in an incident handling environment.
- Advanced understanding of computer exploitation methodologies.
- Current information security solutions and technologies, including network and host-based products
- Implementing NIST information security guidelines
- Using forensic tools such as EnCase, FTK, Sleuth Kit, Volatility, Axiom, Cellebrite, Black Light, X-Ways, or similar.
- Experience with SIEM, EDR, IDS, and DLP technologies.
- Memory and volatile data analysis.
- Knowledge in enterprise cloud infrastructure (AWS, G-Suite, O365, Azure, etc.)
- Command line tooling (grep, sed, awk, PowerShell, etc.)
- Conducting security assessments, penetration testing or ethical hacking.
- Managing day-to-day aspects of privileged and confidential customer relationships
- Managing remote engagements with a variety of remote communication methods (video conferencing, telephonically and chat-based platforms).
An advanced degree in a relevant field of study.
Interest in authoring industry thought articles on technical and non-technical topics.
Law enforcement, military intelligence, investigative or professional security services background preferred, but not required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.