Sr. VMware Administrator (L3)
**Must have High School plus 10 years of IT experience OR Associates degree with 8 years of IT OR Associates degree with 6 years of IT experience or Masters degree with 4 years of IT experience**
An I2TS 3 VMWare Systems Administrator will:
- Create and configure VMs with VMware vSphere
- Define and document standard operating procedures
- Assist with capacity forecasting for the virtual environment, including storage resources
- Actively ensure peak levels of systems and infrastructure uptime
- Implement a monitoring platform to gauge the health of key infrastructure
- Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support
- Work directly with System Owners to resolve issues related to virtual hosting platform
- Responsible for engaging and managing vendor escalations, as required
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades
- Extensive experience with virtualization platforms (VMware preferred, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
- Experience in applying DoD STIGs as related to virtual infrastructure
- Extensive experience with patching virtual infrastructure (ESXi hosts, virtual appliances)
- Client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, advanced troubleshooting
- Good Understanding of basic networking (Routing/Switching/VLANS/Firewalls)
- Extensive experience deploying and maintaining VMware hosts, vCenter, and virtual machines
- Experience in creating and monitoring Resource Pools for Virtual Machines Resource Reservation and Limits.
- Provided level 2 & 3 support and actively involved in the day to day administration of the Virtual Infrastructure
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures
- Create and deploy virtual machines from templates and create snapshots and clones of virtual machines for future deployments.
- Experience deploying both Windows and Linux based servers in a VMware environment
- Experience with various storage technologies: SAN, iSCSI, NAS, NFS
- Must be a motivated self-starter that can take lead of projects, tasks and any challenges that come up
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience with NetApp, HP 3PAR storage solutions
- Experience with Cisco UCS Manager / Cisco Intersight policy and profile configuration.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Required Computing Environment certification: VCA
- Desired Computing Environment certification: VCP6/7
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.