Sr. Project Manager
Role: Sr. Project Manager
Type: Long Term Contract
Location: Hybrid- Indianapolis, IN
***Please contact Jordan Christman at [email protected] with a WORD version of your resume if interested!***
Apex Systems, a national leader in IT solutions, is looking for a Sr. Project Manager for a large Consumer Industrial client based in Indianapolis, IN. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years’ full time hands-on experience in the role of IT project manager with accountability for end-to-end delivery of multi-million dollar initiatives. Reporting to the Project Management Office, the Senior IT Project Manager will lead and direct high-priority projects and teams, which often require considerable resources, technical domain expertise, and broad functional integration with a high degree of visibility from executive management. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of project performance and delivery throughout the complete project management life-cycle.
- Project manage IT enterprise-class application development and/or COTS implementation projects up to 2 million dollars in budget
- Deliver 100% of project scope to quality standards within agreed upon schedule and budget
- Create, maintain and manage detailed Microsoft Project Plans; clearly articulating work breakdown structures of deliverables by phase, activity and task; with role assignments and estimates to complete on each task
- Create and maintain project accounting records to accurately reflect all facets of project management for each specific initiative
- Partner with resource managers and functional owners to identify all resources required to execute your plan, negotiate and place resource requests and manage the resource plan for your projects
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs using integrated change control and appropriate verification techniques
- Keep the project plan current and accurate for all team members, as well as manage expectations of stakeholders and team members in accordance with your project plan
- Note detailed business outcomes, constraints and assumptions in order to establish project objectives, deliverables and the project charter
- Monitor, control and report on project performance metrics; measuring progress of the project, identifying and quantifying any variances to plan, and communicate any corrective actions to appropriate stakeholders
- Develop and implement the project communication plans to address the needs of all functional roles within your project organization
- Identify and document project risks, assumptions and constraints on a frequent basis using historical data, expert judgment and other methods to understand project limitations and mitigation tactics
- Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk in order to reduce or negate the probability of impact to your projects
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.