Senior Financial Analyst, Direct Channels
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for the development, preparation, and coordination of the financial reporting and analysis required by the Ecommerce and Retail groups to operate effectively. The position will work closely with and support as necessary the Corporate Finance and Accounting, IT, and HR on company initiatives or reporting functional issues in relation to the Ecommerce and Retail businesses.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the heads of Ecommerce and Retail and their leadership teams.
- The development, refinement, roll-up, tracking, and analysis of global financial metrics for the Ecommerce and Retail groups. Including but not limited to; costs, expenses, product mix, margin analysis, cash management, inventory, workforce management and others as developed.
- Partners with Ecommerce and Retail on financial analysis, business metrics, sales analysis, market trends, competitive trends, financial reporting, improvement actions, and new business opportunities.
- Preparation of the Ecommerce and Retail financial roll-up for their staff and leadership meetings. Ensures that monthly results for Ecommerce and Retail (individual P&L’s) tie to the global rollup.
- Drive Ecommerce and Retail cost initiatives to achieve global cost objectives.
- Develops, organizes, and prepares the annual operating plan.
- Recommends and develops policies, procedures and systems to meet company objectives.
- Ensures all reporting is accurate and compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Recommends and leads new efforts to improve ROE / ROI performance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Critical thinking capability, must be able to take a process and data, unpack it and improve upon it.
- Ability to drive projects through to completion by involving and persuading others
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, responds well to questions, and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Aggressively looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Proven experience with extensive financial modeling, analysis, forecasting, budgeting methods and tools.
- Ideal candidate has experience with Power BI.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in Finance.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.