Senior Project Manager
Apex Systems is currently hiring for a Junior Project Manager in support of one of our federal clients. If interested please send a follow-up email with your resume included to [email protected] and the best time for us to chat!
Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: Joint Base Andrews, MD
Clearance: Able to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret clearance as a condition of employment
Duration: Long Term Contract
Shift Hours: Day-Shift; core support hours are 0600 -1800
Overview: Seeking high-level IT Project Management Professionals to provide planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and manage small, medium and large projects.
- Integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements.
- Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
- Manage technical, cost, and schedule of assigned tasks or functions.
- Provide strong, proactive and assertive leadership skills that engage multidiscipline work teams to respond to business needs for assigned projects
- Makes decisions at the project team level and properly escalate those decisions that cannot be resolved on a timely basis
- Lead project team members such as executives, line of business subject matter experts, controllers and schedulers through the lifecycle of a project
- Manage project teams that typically includes multiple vendors and work centers
- Create project management plans, set expectations and ensure the project plans are driven by organizational procedures
- Coordinates with cross-functional project stakeholders to develop project scope, objectives, goals, and deliverables
- Ensures that requirements are gathered, documented, reviewed and approved per organizational/PMO standards
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, on budget, and remain in scope. Monitors and tracks project dependencies
- Create a work breakdown structure that defines all activities required for the project deliverables
- Manage project budget, maintain financial plan, track actuals vs. plan, provide monthly forecasts, report monthly accruals
- Establish and provide high-quality, informative written and verbal project communications, including weekly status, dashboards and project updates
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Solid understanding of Project Management and Project Management Office
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, partnerships and external networks
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and work effectively in a collaborative team environment while keeping the team informed
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate
Nice to Have:
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ CE.
- Currently possesses one or more of the following: PMP, ITILv3
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.