EXPERT DEVOPS – AWS CLOUD ENGINEER
EXPERT DEVOPS AWS CLOUD ENGINEER
Client Industry: Healthcare IT
Terms: 6 Month Contract (3x 6 Month extensions available)
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6 months after start date
Hours: Full Time (37.5 Hours / week)
The Digital Health Strategy Office (DHSO) delivers provincial digital health strategies and business transformations by relentlessly focusing on the end user and the end-to-end health services journey for everyone in British Columbia.
We concentrate on the design and delivery of digital health tools and platforms to support the ongoing evolution of a connected health system and digitally enabled health care. By collaborating with all provincial health sector partners, we ensure an equitable approach to addressing health sector priorities.
While we spur innovation and change through strategic architecture for technology, it is never just about the technology, but about solving the problem.
The Connected Health System (CHS) Program is a group of complementary strategic initiatives with the goal of digitally connecting healthcare systems across British Columbia. These initiatives provide the ability for systems to transfer and securely share information within and between systems and stakeholders.
The program includes:
- Provider Portal - makes common provincial services and clinical information available to all providers (including private practice physicians and allied health specialists) without needing to embed those capabilities directly within their existing systems
- Provider/Service Directory – enables the rapid identification by location, specialty and capacity of all BC providers to speed up referral and ordering processes and ensure that reports are sent to the right places.
- Digital Referrals & Orders - Conduct a joint RFP with the New St. Paul’s project to procure a full Clinical Service Request solution covering eReferral, eConsult, eOrder (laboratory, medical imaging) and eForms.
- Report Distribution – enhance the existing model and address current issues
- Primary Care Patient Summary – enables providers to generate and share patient summaries using the Canadian PS-CA standard
- Longitudinal Record Access - Expose provincial data and information through a standardized layer of APIs including lab results, diagnostic imaging reports, alerts, allergies, medications, encounters
- IDAM - enable a single sign-on capability enabling providers to log in once to their EMR or CIS and then cascade that secure authentication to other systems without subsequent logons, in support of the initiatives above.
The DevOps - AWS Cloud Engineer will be part of a high-performing agile team supporting the design and build of a Provincial API Gateway. Specifically, they will be responsible for:
· DevOps/Cloud infrastructure, supporting scalability, monitoring
· Collaborating with the team in all phases of the development lifecycle
· Implementing DevOps and security best practices
· Establishing and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure with infrastructure-as-code (IaC), including tools such as AWS CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform
· Building CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions to automate building, testing, and deploying both application and infrastructure changes
· Writing and maintaining Helm Charts for simplified, and parameterized deployments · Building and deploying software using Docker containers
· Analyzing, developing, installing, modifying, and supporting complex software solutions with high interoperability and FHIR coding standards
· Independently coding, debugging, revising, and documenting intricate objects or systems to ensure strong optimization and functionality
· Automating workflows to help push the limit of the infrastructure; troubleshooting issues until root causes are understood on high traffic production systems
· Maintaining customizations and configuration changes in version-controlled environments/interfaces (e.g., GitHub, Test Rail) · Mapping between FHIR and other data sources
· Providing application administration, production support, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
· Working with operations teams and providing documentation and training on software use
· Troubleshoot and debug issues related to API integrations
· Providing detailed application and code expertise for the development, testing, business teams
· Identifying best practices, communicating, and implementing these practices into the design and build
· Adhering to all service level agreements, processes, and solution delivery standards
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience working as a DevOps & AWS Cloud Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science
- Expert in DevOps tools such as Git, GitHub Actions, AWS CDK/CloudFormation, Helm, and Terraform
- Expert in setting up Kubernetes clusters, nodes, and overall container architecture
- Expert in AWS cloud computing and services
- Expert in setting up CI/CD pipelines and overall continuous deployment
- Expertise in AWS serverless architecture
- Strong familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (e.g., AWS CloudFormation/CDK, Azure
- ResourceManager/Bicep, Terraform), AWS and Azure cloud development, Container-based deployment/development such as Docker and Kubernetes
- FHIR resource development, transformation, validation in Health IT
- Exceptional knowledge of relational databases, version control tools, and developing web services
- Experience working with third-party back-end APIs
- Strong API development skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong interest in the latest trends and technologies in healthcare IT
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
Seniority Level Descriptions:.
- A Degree in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of six (6) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Diploma in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of seven (7) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Certificate in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of eight (8) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- An absolute minimum of ten (10) years of directly related Consulting Category experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.