Supplier Engineer I
Apex Systems is hiring now for Supplier Engineer I. Recent grads are encouraged to apply; see job description below and apply if qualified. For immediate consideration, send your updated resume to Krystyna at [email protected]systems.com.
Weekly Pay & Benefits:
Hours: 1st shift, M-F 8AM-4:30PM
Contract: 6 months+
Location: Maple Grove, MN
About the Role:
The engineer represents the supplier engineering team in the acquisitions space. This includes managing vendors who supply custom machined, stamped, extruded and other metal components. There are many NPD (New Product Development) projects that the metals category supports spanning multiple divisions of client. In addition to NPD support, the daily sustaining work involves managing end of life and component changes customary to the nature of the fast-changing component industry. The engineer will partner with the Supplier Quality and the Commercial Sourcing organizations.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Works with suppliers around the globe to understand assembly and finished good manufacturing processes and acts as technical expert to ensure repeatable and reproducible quality/reliability during the life of the product.
- Investigates and evaluates new and existing technologies for use in future products or improve quality/reliability of current product.
- Interfaces with suppliers and mentors junior engineers and commodity team members to support investigation of supplied material issues or supply constraints.
- Drives troubleshooting processes on-site at supplier facility.
- Designs/documents complex experiments/protocols (e.g. DOE) to align with project goals, both internal and external.
- Serves as a liaison between function and core team; compiles experimental results and communicates them to core team; communicates resulting impact of the data to project team.
- Identifies what resources are required to meet project milestones; makes recommendations to team leader.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Excellent communication and project management skills are a must
- Strong bias for action and results orientation is critical
- Individual must be self-driven and self-motivated to learn and use that knowledge to produce results
- Good understanding of statistical methods, six sigma methodologies, and problem-solving methodologies.
- Travel Required (About 10-15% of time. Domestic travel)
- Some engineering experience with bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Previous experience in working with suppliers is preferred
For immediate consideration, send your updated resume to Krystyna at [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.