R&D Lab Technician
Apex Systems is currently looking for an R&D Lab Technician or Entry level Chemist in the Pittsburgh, PA area. We highly recommend entry level candidates apply!
Title: R&D Lab Tech
Contract: Starting at 6 months
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Preparing solutions, cylinders and any other equipment needed to collect samples.
- Logging in samples
- Perform physical and analytical testing of samples
- Running testing and analyze and record results
- Maintaining and calibrating lab equipment and instruments.
- Making measurements of various physical properties and other evaluations
- Entry of data into electronic spreadsheets
- Plotting/charting of data
- Willing to learn new tools and techniques
- Aptitude and willingness to work in an R&D environment where
- task description frequently change
- Motivation and willingness to work with new and/or out of standard/modified methods with a safe practice is required
- working on multiple small tasks may be required
- Aptitude and willingness to do hands-on laboratory work and accurately organize, enter and plot data
- Ability to work independently without frequent/close supervision, as appropriate
- Must be able to work in team with various responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Adherence to safe work practices and compliance with all environmental, health, safety and security protocols as specified by the company personnel or documented.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience working as a lab instructor in college and/or working on research projects in college or in internship is preferred.
- Experience maintaining/repairing electrical and/or mechanical devices would be a plus
- Prefer Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Biology, engineering, physics, material science but other science degrees are acceptable with some experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.