Procurement Manager - Marketing
****If interested, please send resume to [email protected]****
Procurement Manager – Marketing
Looking for a Procurement professional who will be responsible for leading procurement sourcing projects and negotiations in one or more specific categories.
- Lead cross-functional teams through a disciplined sourcing and project management process
- Identify and implement sourcing strategy and practices to support supply, quality, cost and business requirements.
- Directs and conducts market analysis for all historical and potential future category purchases.
- Assesses the ability of the category strategy to satisfy the volume, quality, performance and total delivered cost requirements.
- Apply sourcing methodologies to develop negotiating strategies that enable effective negotiations, vendor management and process improvement.
- Work with stakeholders to negotiate contracts, consult on indirect spend strategy, resolve issues and mitigate risk.
- Maintain knowledge of current business unit trends, vendor capabilities and changes within the industry landscape for traditional and emerging solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communicator across various levels within the organization
- Extensive knowledge in contract development, including key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations and industry standards
- Builder of strong internal and external relationships across multiple business units
- Ability to lead geographically dispersed cross-functional teams to achieve company goals
- Financial acumen to lead the development and create complex financial models
- Lead with integrity and able to propel a team toward the completion of goals within both a traditional and matrix environment
- Proficiency with procurement toolsets, including eSourcing, spend cube, project/savings trackers, Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred).
- 3+ years of negotiation experience in one or more specific areas of the business
- Marketing Experience
- Experience in leading, delivering value with negotiation, and/or influencing teams
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.