The Laboratory Supervisor will supervise laboratory operations and personnel to assure quality control of all samples. Plan and implement testing schedules within the lab, monitor supplies and instrumentation for continuous operations. Be vigilant of any issues and conditions that can affect their department. Report any issues that can impact the environment or safety of the employees. This position will work the 2nd , Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm-12:00 am.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates Laboratory Procedures:
- Planning and establishing schedules and following-up against estimates
- Enforcing all Laboratory procedures and answering Staff questions about policies and procedures
- Communicating with other departments and production Staff about procedures to assure the Laboratory of new products
- Investigating Laboratory claims and problems
- Make recommendations to Management for changes to Laboratory procedures as necessary.
- Coordinate laboratory operations based on shipment priorities and customer’s requirements
- Responsible for the preservation of the analytical equipment and facility to operational conditions at all times
- Analyze equipment data and ensure that all data generated from the laboratory maintain its integrity.
- Analyze cost control and statistical data
- Review technical problems and recommending solutions to problems and changes in procedures
- Prepare reports for management about Laboratory information and recommendations as necessary.
- Provide direction and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
- Evaluate work performed by staff train staff when necessary
- Provide subordinate staff with regular feedback
- Conduct performance appraisals, couching council, disciplinary documents, etc.
- Train staff to improve operation accuracy and efficiency.
- Education - Associates degree in Chemistry or related science. BS preferred.
- Must be able to motivate personnel as well as have the managerial and communication skills to ensure proper procedures are being followed required.
- Must be able to schedule personnel and maintain performance records required
- Experience - A minimum of 3 years of experience in analytical
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisor role.
- Ability to work 2nd shift
- We are looking for candidates with expertise in AA, ICP/MS, ion chromatography, and wet chemistry techniques. Clean room experience is also a plus.
We offer an outstanding benefits package which includes: 90% employer paid medical, 100% employer paid dental, vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance and a matching 401k plan. Ten vacation days, five sick days, and sixteen paid holidays annually.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply TODAY to [email protected]
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.