Apex Systems is hiring for a Budget Analyst in support of our federal client. This is an Army Program with great opportunities for growth and career advancement! If interested, please send a follow-up email to [email protected] with your resume and the best time for us to chat!
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree- Business
- Minimum Years of Experience: A minimum of 4 years’ experience in budget
- Engagement: Long-term Contract
- Location: Aberdeen, MD - (2-days on-site, 3-days remote)
Specific Experience Required:
- Performs various budget functions involving the formulation, justification, and/or execution of budgets for organizations, programs, or projects. This work requires knowledge and skill in the application of related laws, regulations, policies, precedents, methods and techniques of budgeting. Provide budget analysis and financial management support services to PEO IEWS Headquarters (HQ).
- Coordinate with Program Managers and applicable Comptroller organizations for posting and reconciliation of commitment, obligation and expenditure data.
- Provide support for the budget formulation requirements within the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution System (PPBES) through the review, preparation, and integration of numerous comprehensive reports and documents such as P-Forms and R-Forms.
- Provide subject matter expertise to PEO IEWS on all GFEBS related issues and troubleshoot root cause errors.
- Analyze execution and consolidate reporting of multiple fiscal appropriations in accordance with department of Defense Financial Management Regulation (DoD 7000.14-R).
- Support initial preparation and review of budgetary updates/reviews to budget data calls as required by applicable Comptrollers, OSD Staff, Congress, General Accountability Office (GAO) and other external entities as appropriate. The Contractor shall provide budgetary information in support of data calls. The Contractor shall prepare responses to budgetary data calls within the standards and time frames requested to support schedule deadlines.
- Support subordinate Program Offices in the following activities: defend budgets; respond to Comptroller budget review questions, what-if drills, plus-up and supplemental inquiries; respond to Congressional requests for information; and prepare briefings for the PEO BMD Chief, Chief of Staff, PEO and external authorities.
- Create funding documents for HQ direct and reimbursable funding and track expenditures.
- Establish customer reimbursable orders, extract/input data into/from GFEBS/BI.
- Compile execution data, analysis and updates in support of monthly reports, mid-year reviews, and external execution status requests/reviews. Final work products shall have no accounting or calculation errors and no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Compile data for various taskers and provide responses within established time frames.
- Security Clearance Required: Secret
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.