Apex Systems is partnered with Innovations, a Small Business located in the northern Virginia area and a prime contractor to DISA. This project is for Sustainment Support, which is the gateway to DISA's HaCC Compute Ops through the provision of customer-facing applications and database administration support to mission partner-managed systems as well as DISA internal systems. To support a task order Innovations is seeking candidates to perform systems administration tasks.
- Mechanicsburg, PA and Montgomery AL, Ogden, Utah, Oklahoma City, OK, Remote Potential
- Day, Mid, and Swing
Windows Server System Administration
The contractor shall administer Windows Server operating systems running on multiple domains. Services provided under this effort may be required to monitor and respond to e-mail in support of operating system administration of constructs that exist on SIPRNet, and JWICS-level classified networks to provide controlled and secure communications portal for interconnection of DoD SCI and non-DoD SCI level classified networks, systems, and applications, as required for mission critical activities. The contractor shall perform Windows server system administration tasks including the following sub-tasks:
The contractor shall perform the following Windows Server system administration tasks:
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent Microsoft (MS) Windows Server Operating Systems (OS) on physical and virtual operating environments, providing technical oversight and consultation services.
- Configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot MS Windows Server operating environments and associated components such as the Registry and Active Directory (AD).
- Configure and sustain operating environments aligning with DISA-provided requirements/engineering specifications as related to each specified network and storage components and applicable tool suites, performing functional validation subsequent to system or component modification.
- Provide 8x5 (8 hours a day/5 days a week) and on-call support to resolve OE and/or application outages and performance degradations and provide after-hours support per DISA processes for scheduled and unscheduled support (Authorized Service Interruptions (ASIs), maintenance, etc.) to include working non-prime shifts.
- Install, configure, administer, and support secure remote access utilities and applications including Citrix, Forefront Identify Manager, MS Identity Manager, Secure Web Access, Virtualization (HyperVisor, VMWare, etc.), NetScaler, and Remote Desktop Protocol.
- Proactively monitor operating environments using Enterprise Systems Management toolsets as well as unique Mission Partner (MP) toolsets and correct system anomalies.
- Manage clustering at the OS level, leveraging clustering software (ex. Veritas Clustering, MS Cluster Server, etc.).
- Utilize Windows scripting (PowerShell, Java script, Personal Home Page, DISA standard tools, etc.) to optimize and automate system administrator tasks.
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery efforts (actual or simulated).
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance while coordinating with MPs to minimize disruptions.
- Manage all tickets (incident, problem, change, service requests, etc.) in accordance with DISA policies and any MP Service Level Agreements (SLAs). This encompasses any ticketing system used to record tickets utilized by DISA personnel in support of mission requirements.
- Attend meetings, participate in conference calls, and respond to email/ticket requests to ensure customer support.
The contractor shall perform the following back-up/recovery functions for Windows server environments:
- Configure and monitor backups in accordance with applicable policies and guidance and ensure backup failures are corrected within time periods specified within SLAs but not to exceed next business day.
- Validate that any backup exemptions are accurately documented and routinely verified.
- Conduct daily audits to validate all servers are being backed up unless documented as exempt and approved by Government technical leader as per the applicable Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Restore from backups.
- Perform ad-hoc clones/snapshots, remove clones/snapshots when no longer required.
The contractor shall perform the following security/compliance functions for Windows server environments:
- Analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose operating environments to ensure system optimization, confidentiality, integrity, availability, and functionality are within parameters per DoD, DISA guidance, as well as MP SLA and applicable vendor recommendations.
- Implement and sustain AD solutions, to include policy management and compliance with AD hardening guidance.
- Comply with DoD 8570/8140 Information Assurance (IA) and OS certification requirements.
- Conduct continuous review for remediation tasks within the ESPS to review, remediate, and document both automated and manual Security Technical Information Guide (STIG) checks, Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) vulnerabilities and any custom Remediation Tasks.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.