Desk Side Technician
Job Title: Desk Side Technician
Location: Plano, TX 75093
Contract: 6 months with possibility of extension
Shift: M-F 40 hrs. week
Pay: $20-$23/hr. (depending on experience)
The Client Services Desk Side Technician role revolves around IMACs (Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes) and technical hardware support. It is a hands-on technical role that requires good people skills along with workstation support knowledge.
Position is responsible for desk-side support in a Windows environment. Support includes installs, equipment pick-up, and equipment inventory. Perform miscellaneous software & hardware installs, configuration of Windows PC Equipment, provide 2nd and 3rd level trouble shooting of all problems related to this activity. Installers are also responsible for un-boxing equipment as well as packing systems for shipment to remote locations. Candidate must be customer service focused. Must be able to follow schedules and perform administrative tasks.
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Must be self-starting, able to work alone and within a team, follow detailed processes, and open to flexible scheduling.
- Experience with troubleshooting and isolating issues related to end user computing environments, printers, computer devices, and other attached devices.
- Advanced Experience with Windows operating systems, imaging technologies, asset tracking and inventory systems.
- Analyze and resolve hardware/software problems onsite or remote operational mode
- Design, installation, configuration and maintenance of a comprehensive IT infrastructure with a focus on Microsoft Windows
- Removal and installation of hardware components and peripherals
- Installation of additional software and manually and via deployment console
- User requests for technical advice and support
- Installation and customization of client equipment
- Provide concierge support to VIP/Executive personnel as needed
- Classification of technical queries and forwarded to relevant departments
- Documentation of customer inquiries
- PC Refresh Life Cycle Process and deployment
- Use client security tools (antivirus, encryption)
- Use remote support tools, and ticketing tools
- Customizing user profiles
- Hardware installation and hardware expansion
- Instruction and advice to the user
- Backup and restore of user data
- Coordination with IT coordinators and users
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.