Assistant Electrical Designer
Apex Systems is hiring NOW for an Assistant Electrical Designer in KC, MO! This position offers a fantastic opportunity to work with a prominent Engineering/Construction Firm! For immediate consideration, please send your most updated resume to Ty at [email protected]
Weekly Pay & Benefits!
Location: Kansas City, MO
Shift: 1st, Monday-Friday
Contract: 6mos Contract to hire.
Pay Range: $31- $37/hr
Job Type: Onsite: *potential to work from home*
An Assistant Electrical Designer will perform various tasks, including (but not limited to) assisting in the creation of substation layouts from scoping documents, reference industry and client standards, and specifications to assist in creating reliable and safe electrical substations that meet or exceed industry standards.
Collaboratively execute projects with a team of inter-disciplinary members ranging from Project Managers, Project Engineers, Designers, Detailers, Project Assistants and Project Specialists.
- Ability to learn continually evolving drafting and design programs to execute assigned workload.
- Execute designs and changes to drawings and sketches in CAD programs that may be in 2D or 3D environments.
- Responsible for professional, clear, and concise verbal and written communication in relation to both external and internal clients, under the supervision of senior team members.
- Consult and understand design codes applicable to the work being performed.
- Organize and maintain records on projects, including previous revisions, applicable documentation, and communication in established methods within the design team.
- Perform quality reviews to verify compliance with design specifications, scope, applicable codes, and client requirements, on own work.
- Perform basic calculations and studies like (but not limited to) voltage drop, ampacity, and conduit fill calculations, under the guidance of senior team members.
- Bachelors degree in drafting technology or related field and two years related experience or associates degree and three years related experience or four years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Strong understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Basic knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Basic knowledge in the theory and practices of engineering discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
Additional Details/Perks: As a Contractor with Apex, you’d have access to two additional training programs, healthcare benefits, 401K, employee stock purchase program, weekly pay, and other benefits.
Please reach out to Ty, [email protected] or Noelle, [email protected] if interested. Please share your resume, target pay rate/salary, and relevant experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.