Manufacturing Engineer, Tooling
As a Manufacturing Engineer, Tooling Supervisor you will have direct supervisory responsibility for the Tooling Department. Oversee management of the tooling staff and support new programs development. You will report to the Production Operations Manager.
- Directly leads and supports an assigned production Area including safety, team focus on risk reduction, and improvements.
- Accomplishes Tooling Fabrication and/or Repair objectives and results by:
- Communicating job expectations
- Planning daily work and assigning/scheduling resources according to facility production needs, monitoring results;
- Providing mentorship, counseling, and discipline to employees related to performance and company policies;
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staffing by identifying resource needs and participating in the hiring selection process.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; observing constraints in flow and equipment; monitoring staffing and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; facilitating corrections and recovery efforts in disruption of flow
- Support Facility Production Departments Tooling needs in the fabrication or repair of production and inspection tooling in a timely manner in order to reduce area downtime during repairs of Tooling.
- Completes Tool production plan by scheduling and assigning staffing; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the fabrication/repair to area specific Supervisors, Department Managers and Manufacturing Eng. Manager.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Collaborate with and Support Tooling Engineering Team regarding Tool Design, Fabrication methods, and Tool/ Tool Stream fabrication schedules etc.
- Work with department/area Engineers and Supervisors regarding department specific production and Inspection Tooling needs.
- Talk to Program Managers to ensure New Tooling Stream builds progress and are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Partner with Tool Check department regarding in-house and Vendor Tooling repairs.
- Review MQ1 Tooling Work Requests (TWR’s), analyze associated blueprints, methods, and Reference Tooling needed for build/repairs requested. Discuss as needed with requesting Supervisor or Engineer prior to approval (or rejection) and assignment to Toolmaker.
Three (3) years minimum experience in supervision with demonstrated leadership of peers.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
Experience with Fiberglass/Epoxy Tooling Fabrication preferred
Strong working knowledge of machining practices (Manual & CNC) Proficient at reading Blueprints (GD&T knowledge preferred Experience in: Safety EHS observation, Coaching, Managing Processes, Lean and Process Improvement, 5S.
Must be a US Citizen
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.