This position is located on-site in Chicago, IL.
You will play an integral part of our team, while gaining real-world experience and developing technical skills in organic chemistry synthesis, experimental design and project management.
- Developing processes for organic synthesis, reaction scale up and measuring VOC in various ways and places.
- Acquiring and communicating test data.
- Assisting project leads with experimental design and methodology.
- Updating and maintaining data files.
- Prepare test samples for chemical analysis using wet lab techniques like extractions, dilutions, etc.
- Analyzing samples on HPLCs, GCMS, VOC sensors and other lab equipment.
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Support various R&D Chemistry project.
- Maintain and organize lab notebooks.
- Work safely and maintain a clean/safe work area in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- BS degree preferred; Chemistry or related field
- Prior research experience in a lab is a plus.
- Ability to follow instructions and independently perform tasks.
- Have excellent written and reading comprehension skills.
- Must be detailed-oriented and thorough.
- Able to work within a cross-functional team.
- Willingness to learn about organic and analytical chemistry.
- Familiarity with laboratory tools such as pipettes, analytical balances, and glassware.
- Experience in a wet lab environment.
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment such as HPLCs, GCMS, and other chemical analysis equipment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.