IT Systems Administrator
Are you local to Vienna, VA aand looking for your next IT role? Our client is hiring an IT Administrator looking to gain some IT experience. This is a W2-only role and will be on-site in Vienna. Qualified candidates may email their resume directly to Alex at [email protected]
Your mission is to be a high-energy, motivated, and passionate Temporary IT Desktop Technician on our Corporate IT team. Your mission will be configuring, maintaining, and supporting desktops in a fast-paced and positive culture. In addition to being a reliable executor, you will be tasked with assisting to resolve service desk related issues that pertain to Microsoft and Apple desktop operating systems, desktop deployments/images, end device application installations, onboarding new employee systems and offboarding existing employee systems.
The systems you implemented, supported, and maintained were the backbone of our infrastructure for our client. In this role you lead desktop administration, desktop support, and onboarding and offboarding end user device efforts. You also partnered with other teammates in Corporate IT and across the company to enhance our client’s end user experiences and productivity.
- You have 2-5 years of experience in providing advanced Laptop and OS support and troubleshooting in a complex, remote worker, and cloud-based computing environment.
- A demonstrated strong work ethic.
- 2-5 years experience supporting, managing, and maintaining Microsoft Windows OS and Apple IOS desktop implementations.
- 2+ years of patch management for end device systems.
- 1+ years of network hardware administration and maintenance.
Technical Skills Required:
- 2+ years of Apple IOS and Microsoft Windows OS based end-user troubleshooting and support.
- 2+ years experience with Google Workspace
- 2+ years experience with Office365
- 1+ years experience with JAMF
- You are a self-starter and don’t wait to be told what to do. You take the bull by the horns and bring potential solutions with you whenever you face a challenge.
- You have a strong troubleshooting and problem-solving mindset that helps
you to proactively identify issues and recommend. mitigate, or remediate
- You have experience working with both technical and non-technical users
- You possess excellent written and verbal skills
- You have excellent organizational skills and fantastic customer service skills
- You are a multi-tasker. You are able to manage and organize many workstreams simultaneously with frequent interruptions while still keeping the ball rolling.
- You have worked at a Call Center (optional)
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with Absolute Software
- FedEx Shipping and Receiving experience
- Active Directory or Okta administration experience
- Office Printer setup and support
- VOIP Phone support
- Cisco Meraki hardware support
- ITSM and ITIL Certification
- Linux experience (Apple IOS)
- Industry Certifications from one or more of the following vendors:
What to Expect
Within 2 weeks:
- Acclimate yourself with our existing IT environment, Desktop implementations, and current configurations.
- Review existing IT policies, procedures, standards, and documentation that apply for our desktop operating systems, support our efforts for onboarding new employees with IT laptops and other equipment, and assist with the reclamation and rebuilding of laptop as part of the offboarding process.
- Work on Service Desk tickets that relate to laptops, desktop application installs, and laptop OS images.
- Install applications on laptops as needed.
- Maintain IT Asset inventory system.
- Collaborate with the Director IT, Sr. IT Manager, the Senior Service Desk Administrator, the Saas Systems Administrator, and other IT Department peers to create or enhance IT procedures and documentation pertaining to end user device deployment, configuration, support, and maintenance of laptops.
- Execute requested changes or improvements to our end user device deployments.
- Participate in IT troubleshooting sessions with all individuals pertaining to assigned end user devices.
- Participate in IT project initiatives involving end user devices.
- Self-engage in diagnosing and corrective actions for end user device related failures with a sense of urgency.
- Participate in change management.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Maintain a deep understanding of how to prioritize tasks and stay organized.
- Pivot quickly and adapt to change rapidly.
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills for Windows-based and Apple IOS end user device systems.
- Respond to changes in assignment with a sense of urgency when needed.
- Resolve all service desk tickets, incidents, and requests related to end user devices within the specified SLA.
- Perform day-to-day end user device maintenance, support, and administration.
- Utilize our internal Identity and Access Management (IAM) tools (Okta) to create. Modify, or delete end users as necessary as required.
- Act as the technical IT liaison to other teams who are looking to integrate their tools onto end user devices.
- Be the IT resource on our service desk team for all end user device deployments.
- Author and update technical documentation, knowledgebase articles, and IT procedures pertaining to end user devices.
- Collaborate with the Sr. IT Manager to evaluate potential new end user devices, security tools, processes, procedures, and solutions.
- Implement end user device patches, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Maintain the IT Asset inventory
- Order new end user devices or peripherals
- Keep track of IT Assets
- Location: This position is located in our Vienna, VA office
- Manager: You will report to Senior Manager of IT
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.