Scrum Master background, working w/ Jira but biggest piece is someone who is comfortable with growing and not just being in the scrum master silo. Eventually this person will be converted to a program manager as they work on programs and not just products. This person will need to be comfortable speaking with upper management to get answers and help across multiple areas not just on one specific project.
- Workload – managing tasks creation in Clarity and assigning resources
- Project Documentation – responsible for gathering and storing needed documentation of artifacts as outlined.
- Status Reporting – Manage project/program status reporting by pairing with Program Managers for updates.
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions Clearing obstacles
- Establishing an environment where the team can be effective
- Addressing team dynamics and notifying PMO and IT mgmt. of needed resource changes
- Ensuring a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
- Manage releases
- Mission Planning
- Create change request (may not be applicable to contractors)
- Work with internal and external teams to establish release dates and ensure the correct resources are available during the release
- Facilitate debrief sessions
- Run scrum ceremonies
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Sprint Refinement
- Sprint Reviews
- Release debriefs
- Work with external teams (DBA, Network etc.) to ensure the project team is fully supported where applicable
- Interlock with teams to ensure dependencies are understood, resolved and planned
- Velocity planning and tracking for the team
- Backlog management
- Forecasting for assigned project
- Timesheet approvals
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.