We are seeking a motivated, Senior Automation/Validation Engineer who wants to be part of large scale project of integrating automation into a brand new, state of the art Biotechnology facility. This position would require site visits to Philadelphia, PA
This is an exciting opportunity to provide support to Technical and Scientific Facilities which include cGMP manufacturing, technical development and R&D facilities, including but not limited to facility systems (Building Automation System, Environmental Monitoring System, Process Control System), infrastructure, and facility equipment.
- Implement and complete activities related to Facilities Systems and Infrastructure design, construction, start-up and commissioning activities for capital projects.
- Work directly with contractors (CM firms, commissioning agents), consultants (A/E firms), and vendor representatives to implement, test, troubleshoot and startup facility infrastructure/process equipment and systems.
- Collaborate with Scientific Facilities, MS&T, IT, Manufacturing and other departments within Patient Supply Organization to implement and complete activities related to Facilities Systems and Infrastructure design, construction, start-up and commissioning activities for capital projects.
- Ensure project deliverables are completed to meet end-user requirements. This includes coordination with impacted departments such as R&D, Scientific Facilities, EHS, Metrology, Validation, QA, and others.
- Provide technical equipment and project expertise for the support of Scientific Facilities, Corporate Facilities, MS&T, Manufacturing, IT and other departments within PSO including all phases of support from soliciting quotes, issuance of recommendations, design stage development, equipment fabrication, construction, equipment startup, building integration, commissioning, and equipment modifications.
- This role will directly interface with third party vendors and OEM’s to deliver on all projects and provide direct support during initial startup and operation of facilities systems and equipment.
- Supports daily R&D, Manufacturing and Lab operations
- BS in Engineering degree (chemical, mechanical, or industrial preferred)
- 5 – 8 years-experience; preferred pharmaceutical-biotech industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in engineering design/support involving the design, construction and commissioning of manufacturing and support equipment for the GMP processing of pharmaceutical materials.
- DeltaV integration into MES systems
- Facility infrastructure and process equipment troubleshooting, testing, and startup/turnover experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.