• Contributes to and supports the corporation’s quality initiatives by planning, communicating, and encouraging team and individual contributions toward the corporation’s quality improvement efforts.
• Complete an order search in electronic medical records (EMR) for referrals that are pending.
• Submit for insurance authorization for procedures, specialist visits and admissions for patients for whom an Intermountain entity is the primary provider.
• May set up appointments for referral physicians and procedures.
• Document in Details Box in EMR all provider information and details of the referral.
• Document completed order request in EMR.
• May contact patients with appointment dates and times.
• Print and mail informational letters to patients and maintain letter in EMR.
• Complete approved forms for individual insurances.
• Annotate authorization numbers and tracking info into EMR.
• Forward all pertinent medical records and authorizations to specialists.
• Report accurately all specialist referrals to administration as directed.
• Track completed referrals with work logs and report to administration as directed.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Knowledge and understanding of insurance programs.
• Medical terminology and experience as a medical secretary helpful.
• Strong verbal and written skills in English.
• Two years minimum experience with computers.
• Computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel spreadsheets, use of a mouse for a computer, etc.) with proven ability to type 50 wpm.
• A courteous and polite demeanor with patients and fellow team members.
• Must be prompt in completing tasks and helping others as needed or when called upon to do so.
• Display dependability and initiative in job performance and skill in exercising judgment, problem-solving and objective decision making.
• Must have strong communicative, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate compliance with company standards, policies and procedures.
• Display and support the company’s culture through the core values.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.