3-month contract with high possibility of long-term extension
Our client is focused on simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable, and equitable.
To advance our north star of quadruple aim and equitable personalized care, this role is responsible for analytics that help generate evidence for, tell the story of the value and impact that our Clinical Decision Support (CDS) portfolio generate. Avenues for disseminating these insights will include our senior leadership meetings, funding requests, marketing and branding materials, Care Delivery Organization (CDO) partnership proposal, CDO dashboards, peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations etc. The individual will also contribute to data-driven decision making through discovery and tracking of unmet needs for content strategy, innovation, and planning.
This is a Principal research and evaluation analyst role supporting CDS.
The individual will perform critical research and investigate key business issues. The role will include developing study methods, analyzing complex data with statistical techniques, building predictive models, and interpreting and presenting findings. The individual will work closely with business leaders and other researchers in similar roles/teams across the enterprise to understand trusted methodologies and regulation for alignment, and to develop innovative analytic solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Contribution to objectives and key results and for analytics to drive CDO expansion and value proposition
- Management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, performing normalization operations and assuring data quality
- Use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytics and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data
- Partner with relevant stakeholders and SMEs to understand data requirements and develop tools and models
- Computing the rationale for new content packs based on opportunity for value
- Provide biostatistics and analytics support for peer-reviewed publication and assist with drafting manuscripts
- Co-design and conduct clinical evaluation studies for planned and deployed clinical technology products
- Presentation of evidence at internal or external meetings and conferences
- Partner with analytics team across the enterprise for necessary governance standards and best practices adoption
- Undergraduate degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Health Economics, Informatics, Population Health Science or similar; OR 4+ years of experience in healthcare Data Analytics
- 4+ years of experience in data mining and wrangling of administrative claims data, EHR/EMR data, or complex relational health care databases
- 4+ years of experience writing SQL queries
- 4+ years of experience with Statistical and Analytics tools (such as SAS, R, JMP, Stata, Python, Tableau or similar)
- 2+ years of experience in health services research, health economics and outcomes research, or similar research area
- 2+ years of experience working with researchers within a healthcare environment
- Masters or Doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Health Economics, Informatics, Population Health Science or similar
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and build relationships within and outside the department
- Experience designing and conducting health care research and health care evaluating treatment, programs, or interventions
- Experience with clinical implementation of data science models
- Experience working with clinical technology product team
- Experience using administrative claims assets for research
- Proven record of publication in peer-reviewed literature and presentation at national conferences
- Proven passion for equity and personalized care
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.