One of Apex's largest paint manufacturing clients is looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer out of their Sylmar, CA site!
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will work in a team oriented environment identifying and tackling problems, documenting root cause and corrective actions, communicating and reporting to management, and recommending on how to reduce scrap and improve process stability for our transparencies production areas!
**MUST BE A US CITIZEN**
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected]
Duration: 1 year contract
Pay: Between $36-45/hr, depending on experience
Shift: 8am-5pm, M-F
Site: 12780 San Fernando Road Sylmar, CA
• Responsible for measuring, documenting and improving current manufacturing process capabilities.
• Perform process audits to ensure processes are being followed and documentation is up-to-date.
• Continuous improvement; use data driven approach to implement improvements in the manufacturing areas for process stabilization, repeatability, control, efficiencies of labor, and time and cost reduction in scrap and rework. Implement new tooling, jigs, and fixture designs into the manufacturing process to eliminate waste, reduce scrap, and improve efficiency.
• Generate process flow, support manufacturing operators with tools and equipment, and all necessary documents.
• Manage technical documents, BOO/BOM, process specifications, control of production process changes and procedures.
• Main support in Material Review Board; daily review of product non-conformities and disposition accordingly.
• Meet and support division goals and objectives for all internal and external customers.
• Drive and lead changes utilizing project management approach and techniques.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
• 0-3 years work experience.
• Experience as a manufacturing engineer in manufacturing preferred.
• Must be hands-on, proactive in working to resolve production issues
• Experience in demonstrating problem solving skills.
• Prefer a solid understanding of manufacturing drawings.
• Knowledge of CNC, Automation, and Robotics preferred.
• Knowledge of organic chemistry, composite materials, glass, and plastics are a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.