**If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to Nicole Rosipal at [email protected]**
Job Title: Sr. Construction Manager
Location: Chicago, IL – onsite
Client Industry: Technology
Shift: Monday - Friday – 40 hrs./week – overtime likely
Duration: 10 months – potential to extend and convert
The Senior Construction Manager will be part of the Chicago DCD construction team directly responsible for administrating construction projects in the Chicagoland area. The Senior Construction Manager will take lead in assisting the Program Management team to help administer and coordinate the General Contractor and Vendor Partner day-to-day activities in the field including managing and coordinate the flow of information, control costs, process change orders, help manage and control the overall construction progress, monitor the safety programs, and verify that the completed work is constructed to a quality level consistent with the requirements of the construction documents.
The Construction Manager works directly for the DCD PM supporting the strategic and tactical delivery of the data center project(s).
- Assure Safety is the #1 focus for the entire project by advocating, motivating, and coaching
- Assure Schedule predictability
- Assure Cost reliability
- Assure the successful deployment of the Client’s Mission and Vision for the project.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review and administer the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Assist in overseeing all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Assist in coordinating and directing General Contractor and vendor partners
- Assure the GC is successfully meeting contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Analyze, manage, and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Own "Execution"
- Consolidate work tasks and communicate "status"
- Core focus is on "coordination"
- Spends time on "Project Delivery"
- Strives for optimizing cost, speed, and quality
- Creates the "schedule"
- Success is based on project success
- Help Establish Requirements: Help create requirements for the project so that the GC not only fulfills the project scope, but fulfill the actual need for the project
- Keep the project organized: Help maintain and improve the project folder structure for documents and assets making sure that everything created or provided for a project is in the best order possible.
- Create a Timeline: Routinely list out all tasks and plot them in a timeline and calendar and determine where things might go wrong and what you'll do about it if that happens.
- Track Budgets: Ensure that the project is not in danger of costing more than expected by coordinating with the cost team weekly.
- Track Quality: Ensures that the project quality governance is maintained.
- Motivate The Team: Know your team and ensure that they have what they need to be successful.
- Attend all project related meetings and maintain a project journal with detailed notes
- Daily communication and updates with Principal Program Manger
- Required to be on project site 5 days a week.
- Critical thinker that can make thoughtful recommendations
- Innovative and curious to resolve or improve
- Positive influencer that drives success
- Establish checklists to see things through
- Mitigates risk / resolves problems
Must have requirements:
- Organizational/Executive functioning skills (communication & verbal skills)– 10+ years of experience
- Equipment of what goes into a data center and how it is commissioned 10+ years of experience
- Construction & data center experience 10+ years of experience (how a building is put together)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.