Active Directory System Administrator
Active Directory System Administrator
Contract-to-hire. Ideal candidate is local to Chicago and can come into the office 1x/month. Open to remote nationwide, as well.
CLIENT's Identity and Access Management team is responsible for Microsoft Active Directory management. This includes AD Forest and Domain administration, maintenance, patching, bug fixes and monitoring. This role will focus on AD domains management, auditing user permissions across platforms, developing strategies for disaster recovery, offering technical support to users, and ensuring compliance with regulations and policies.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Active directory-some ID management
- Active Directory Management tools
- Power Shell Scripting and maintenance
- Salary upon conversion would be up to $120k plus bonus and benefits.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintenance and support of Active Directory, related hardware, and technologies
• Maintenance and support of internal public key infrastructure (PKI), related hardware, and technologies including maintaining a role separated administration environment
• Responsible for day-to-day administration duties including Windows Active Directory object maintenance, troubleshooting and repair tasks on Active Directory, Windows Server 2012, Domain Controllers, DNS, user authentication and other operational systems as needed.
• Ability to install, configure and troubleshoot Active Directory and DNS for Active Directory, as well as skills necessary for Group Policy and Active Directory Security solutions.
• Working experience of operating-system administration skills of Windows Server 2012-2019.
• Administration and troubleshooting of Windows Servers (Windows 2012 and newer).
• Able to Install of windows servers and has good troubleshooting skills for Wintel systems, knowledge in hardening and securing of Wintel systems.
• Advanced level of Administration of Windows server with active directory, DNS, DHCP and High Availability.
• Implement, monitor, and maintain Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures
• Develop and maintain backup and recovery practices and procedures
• Perform Active Directory Services administration and management to include design, cleanup and routine maintenance and configuration
• Create and maintain AD environment management documentation on as as-necessary basis
• Handle requests via thru Incident/Problem Management tool
• Bachelor's degree in related technical / business areas or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years' of AD experience.
• Strong infrastructure design and documentation skills.
• Strong PowerShell scripting skills.
• Strong experience in analyzing logs and identifying problems with authentication and authorization.
• Proven change management skills
• Solid understanding of UNIX / Linux and WIN operating systems.
• Solid understanding of the common UNIX and Windows utilities, diagnostic and monitoring tools.
• Solid understanding of Certificate management.
• Familiarity with PIM Tools, such as CyberArk or Delinea Secret Server;
• Solid understanding of network protocols, LAN, WAN, SSL, Firewall, Load Balancer, and DMZ configurations.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.