Apex Systems is looking to hire a Hydrogen SME.
This role is remote, with some travel to Juno Beach, Fl.
For immediate consideration, please email Katie at [email protected]
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies opportunities for innovative technologies and projects
- Interprets and summarizes industry trends and technology forecasts to make recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related activities for the company
- Leads collaborations with suppliers on solution strategies
- Evaluates products and/or services for adequacy, accuracy, and usability
- Validates the requirements and deliverables that describe the product(s) or service(s)
- Provides input into and executes user documentation and training material
- Obtains and provides approval for changes to rules, processes, and policies
- Provides expertise on use of codes, standards, and regulations
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
- Lead the definition of processes and policies, supply rules and procedures, and communicate the contexts in which the rules, processes and polices apply
- Provide input for the design and construction of test cases and scenarios and may also validate executed test results
- Evaluate the product(s) or service(s) towards the end of the project/program (user acceptance testing), using and evaluating it for accuracy and usability, providing feedback to the project team
- Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs
- Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field
- Uses analytical abilities and rigorous thinking to work cross-functionally, determine highest priority actions and tenaciously drive projects forward
- Completes assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations
- Understands the hydrogen industry, market, equipment, codes, standards, and regulations, including safety codes and regulations
- Experience in hydrogen system design, equipment, top-tier suppliers, and installation of hydrogen systems with emphasis on electrolyzers and fuel cells
- Professional Engineering Certification - active
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in guiding engineering design architecture at a component-level, project-level, and portfolio level
- Has technical, commercial, and financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Basic office skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Skill in basic engineering calculations using spreadsheets and specific software such as HYSIS.
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on relevant field associated with hydrogen production
- Experience: 8+ years in hydrogen system design and experience
- Master’s degree in related field
- Patents held in pertinent field
- Working knowledge of hydrogen purification systems, hydrogen compression, hydrogen storage (subsurface and above ground storage), hydrogen dispensing systems for heavy and light vehicles, hydrogen pipelines, hydrogen transportation
- Knowledge of hydrogen integration with renewable energy (wind and solar)
- Knowledge of conventional hydrogen production through methane reformation and pyrolysis, gases production and processing
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.