Apex Systems is a global IT services provider, and our staffing practice has an opening for a Support Engineer with customer service experience (internal or external support), technical accreditation in networking and PowerBI/Tableau experience to place at our client, a multinational technology corporation.
Client: Multinational technology corporation
Terms: 18-month contract
Location: 100% Remote
- English/French Language: confident in reading, writing, and speaking
- *Additional languages like Mandarin, Japanese, or Spanish are a plus
Application Process: It is best to apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to Ty Kurucz at [email protected]. Please reference Request ID: 1362336– Support Engineer.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing outstanding technical support experience to our clients business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day-to-day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service-oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Ownership of the Customer Support Experience: Champion the customer's support journey, providing timely, accurate, and effective solutions for issues. Working closely with a broad range of global customers, including a significant portion of Fortune 500 companies
- Resolution of High-Impact Technical Challenges: Address and resolve the most technically challenging and critical problems for our customers and partners, making a significant impact on their experience with Azure's products and services
- Multi-Channel Customer Communication: Resourcefully and empathically engage with customers through various channels including telephone, email, public and private forum ensuring their concerns are heard, understood, and addressed
- Customer Advocacy: Identify and report software bugs and customer suggestions, acting as the voice of the customer within our organization and helping to shape the customer support strategy
- Product Improvement Liaison: Act as a bridge to our customers internal development organizations, advocating for product enhancements that can alleviate customer pain points and improve their overall experience with our products
- Demonstrated the ability to conduct thorough troubleshooting and debugging, and to solve complex problems. Track record in technical support or a similar customer-facing role within the technology sector. Thriving in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. You are very resourceful and great at prioritizing multiple demands, knowing when and how to prioritize tasks
- Communication and senior stakeholder engagement skills, underpinned by an ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical, senior business users with ease
- Proficiency with Power BI (Desktop application and the Service, and Gateway), or any other similar BI tool such as Tableau, SAS, Qlik, Sisense, Oracle Analytics Cloud, MicroStrategy or Excel would be beneficial
- Good understanding of SQL Server Analysis Services concepts, MDX, DAX and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Underlying awareness of SQL Server, or any other Database Management system like Oracle or SAP
- Basic network troubleshooting skills
- Team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including “on-call” responsibilities and weekend work
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field AND 3+ years of technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience
- Support experience delivering IT Application support or services
- Some understanding or awareness of Office 365/ Windows Administration, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, or the .NET Framework
- Excel skills with Power Query and Data Modelling
- Experience gained or conceptual knowledge of Azure/ AWS Cloud architecture or any Cloud SaaS experience
- Understanding of DNS (Domain Name System) principles and protocols
- A solid grasp of HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) principles and its various methods (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc.)
Top “Must Haves”
- Customer Service/Focus (internal or external) | 5-7 years
- Technical accreditation in networking | 5-7 years
- PowerBI, Tableau | 3-5 years
Typical task breakdown
- 40-50% Customer time (phone, email, adhoc)
- 30% Research (go into application)
- 10-20% meetings
Expected working hours
*Might work Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday - required to work 1 day a weekend
If you are not a 99% match to the above, and want to be considered for other opportunities at our enterprise clients, register for our Talent Network where you can receive job alerts about new opportunities that match your interests.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.