Apex Systems is seeking a CNC Programming - Team Lead. This is a permanent/direct hire role working with our client, a leader in the aerospace industry. This will be onsite in Danbury, CT.
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to Jenny DeMaria at [email protected] and reference Job ID #1363233.
The CNC Team Lead will be responsible for ensuring schedule, quality, and cost objectives are met through coordination of CNC personnel while contributing to ongoing production assignments. Further responsibilities include maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the work area and performing hands-on training with junior personnel.
- Surface generation, shaping, and light-weighting various optical materials to specified tolerances utilizing:
- 3, 4, and 5-axis CNCs
- Rotary Surface Grinders
- Waterjet Cutters
- Developing CNC programs for new awards including speeds, feeds, coolant flow, and tool changes
- Developing, training, and coaching employees to be responsible and accountable for their individual and team performance
- Managing employee time and attendance for timely and accurate payroll processing
- Actively monitoring process controls and instructions in concert with Manufacturing Engineering
- Prioritizing production schedules based on product induction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply while identifying areas of improvement
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings and technical work instructions
- Cleaning machinery and maintaining overall organization of the work area
- Complying with all environmental, health, and safety requirements
- Supporting Quality Calibration to maintain compliance
- Other duties as required
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Associates in Engineering discipline (Preferred)
- Minimum of seven (7) years of hands-on CNC manufacturing experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of CNC programming experience
- Proven experience in leading, motivating, coaching, and training others
- Proficiency in reading and evaluating technical documentation including part drawings and written manufacturing work instruction
- Computer proficiency with the willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to speak up as appropriate and escalate issues as required
- Solid communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proficiency in Mastercam required
- Vericut (or similar CNC machine simulation software) experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Standing long periods of time (1-2 hours)
- Working with chemicals and solvents
- Working in a noisy environment requiring PPE
- Occasional lifting of up to 25Lbs.
- Working in an environment requiring temperatures above 70 degrees Fahrenheit
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.