Sr Optical Metrology Engineer
Type: Direct Hire (Permanent)
Our client designs, develops and produces space-based optical systems, payloads, and electronics for a diverse customer base.
Working onsite in our Danbury facility as a Senior Optical Metrology Engineer, you will be responsible for the analysis of in-process and final optical metrology and microroughness measurements on precision optics and optical systems. You will employ scientific and mathematical principles to collect and analyze data across processes and products.
Major duties for this position include overseeing and performing analysis on precision inspections and measurements, machine use to the team by developing and executing assignments within the Optical Manufacturing organization. Responsibilities include:
- Lead in performing experimental design approaches to validate findings
- Apply scientific and mathematical principles to collect data and provide analysis
- Measure components and system integration of subassemblies
- May participate in designing experiments, preparing hypotheses to be tested, and developing models
- May participate in selecting relevant sources of information through suggestions of subject matter experts
- Ensure safe handling of in-process and deliverable hardware
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Optical Engineering or Physics. Other degrees of similar exposure to the math and sciences will be considered.
- Ability to work safely on fragile, high value optics
- Knowledge of optic theory and practical optic testing (i.e. Interferometry)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing standards and practices
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- College Lab Course work
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-10+ years of experience in an optical manufacturing environment including working knowledge of optical blueprints and tolerances
- Ability to apply manufacturing skills in the production, inspection and test of optics and optical product
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.