Network Consulting Engineer - II
Apex Systems, the Nation’s 2nd largest Technical Staffing and Services Firm, has an opening for a Network Engineer with a Fortune 500 Company in location in New Jersey, Contract Position! *If you are interested in this role, please email your resume to [email protected]
JOB TITLE: Network Engineer
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- Router configuration and provisioning experience
- CCNA/CCNP or Nokia NRS Certification
- Transport Equipment experience
- Telecom switching center experience
- Previous Wireless switch/network experience.
- Nokia router configuration experience.
- Engineer will be responsible for configuring and provisioning routers in a complex network and integrating them into the network remotely.
- Building files for integration of the routers so they can be reached remotely and working with Field Engineers to bring equipment online in the Network.
- Advanced operation of switching, transport, data communications and peripheral equipment associated with the Mobile Switching Center (MSC).
- Transport testing of fiber will be required to ensure that fiber is working within specifications.
- Will work with multiple stakeholders to complete projects efficiently, update trackers, and complete necessary milestones for projects.
- Contractor will need to be able to work in a complex environment with very little supervision to complete projects.
A technical degree in Networking, Electronics, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications or Computer Science is desired. CCNA/CCNP (Routing and Switching) or Nokia NRS Certification highly desired.
LOGISTICS: Shift: 5 days a week in the office
Position will be 8 AM - 5PM work for most of the project, but some night work may be required should the need arise.
Location will be one of 4 different locations: Jersey City, Branchburg, Wayne, and Wall - all in NJ. We'd look to rotate for both training and coverage purposes.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.