Do you like troubleshooting network issues to get to the root cause? Do you embrace emerging technologies and have a passion to keep learning and make an immediate impact? If so, we have an outstanding opportunity as a Network Engineer and would love to hear from you!
Our Network Engineers play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our network infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and availability. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations requires evaluation and judgment. Some could be critical, large scale infrastructure projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. You will need to rely on your extensive knowledge of LAN,WAN, IPT, Wireless NMS and network security infrastructure, networks, and applications. *Position is hybrid with a regular presence at our Corporate Headquarters in Bloomington, IL..*
- Monitor network performance and ensure system availability and reliability, tuning and optimizing the network as necessary. Conduct regular network performance tests and prepare reports on network performance and incident response. Troubleshoot network issues and outages, developing strategies to prevent them in the future.
- Provide tactical design direction and make recommendations in developing solution roadmaps.
- Collaborate with solution architecture and solution delivery to build new products and improve existing products.
- Operationalize solutions through documentation, automation of common tasks, and maturing processes. Use network automation tools to streamline and enhance processes.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and by defining and monitoring access.
- Research and consult with resources and industry experts to ensure the effectiveness provided solutions.
What you will need:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field, bachelor degree preferred and 3 years of experience in technical role required.
- Active Cisco CCNA required
- Proven experience in the following areas strongly preferred:
- Cisco routers, switches, ASA firewall, wireless, Identity Services Engine; Aruba switches; Palo Alto Firewalls; Meraki Wireless & Security Applicances; Working knowledge of load balancers; Python (requests, Netmiko)
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Deploying and managing SD-WAN; DevNet topics (API, YAML, Ansible); Azure Networking and Security Concepts (Enterprise applications & conditional access, Traffic Manager & Load Balancing, Firewalling); Networking Monitoring Tools (Solarwinds, ThousandEyes)
- Extensive knowledge of network infrastructure, protocols, and standards.
- Experience in recommending solutions based upon analysis of network performance.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, coaching, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude and job flexibility)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.