IT Contracting Agent
Oversees entire procurement process for highest risk/value and complexity categories. Coordinates with stakeholders and integrates their requirements into the sourcing and contracting processes. Coordinates and leads proposal reviews, evaluations and recommendations for contract awards. Works with Category Managers to support the development and execution of category plans that identify opportunities for operational efficiencies, drive cost savings, manage/mitigate risk, improve safety, drive innovation, and ensure the continuous development of categories managed. Provides guidance and mentors other Category Management Advisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees entire procurement process for highest risk/value and complexity categories. Coordinates with stakeholders and integrates their requirements into the sourcing and contracting processes.
- Develops and issues high value/risk RFPs, RFIs and RFQs. Coordinates and leads proposal reviews, evaluations and recommendations for contract awards.
- Works with Category Managers to support the development and execution of category plans that identify opportunities for operational efficiencies, drive cost savings, manage/mitigate risk, improve safety, drive innovation, and ensure the continuous development of categories managed.
- Evaluates supplier qualifications and identifies alternative suppliers. Leads contract negotiations and works closely with internal support organizations including Legal, Finance, Business Units and Insurance & Risk Management to mitigate risk and exposure for the company.
- Develops and manages supplier alliance opportunities. Resolves conflict between suppliers and company.
- Interprets contractual obligations & positions, coordinates and manages conflict resolution with suppliers/contractors and stakeholders to drive resolution and formalize outcome contractually. Provides recommendation on the development and implementation of purchasing strategies for assigned categories. Analyzes internal spend data and market intelligence to strategically source needed services and materials. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with teams and suppliers to reduce overall costs.
- Leads special projects to identify and implement cost savings programs. Works on cross-functional teams to develop strategies to add value through Supply Management lead projects.
- Meets with internal clients on a regular basis to understand client needs and to strengthen client relationships.
- Advises clients on proper contract management and administration policies and procedures. Ensures client compliance with appropriate procurement policies and procedures, standards for ethical behavior, and accounting policies.
- Maintains records to demonstrate that proper protocol is followed in the sourcing and contracting processes and in the implementation of the supplier relationship.
- Provides guidance and mentors other Category Management Advisors.
- Coordinates efforts for pilot programs or proof of concept initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, related field or equivalent training and/or experience is required.
- 5 years - Of directly relevant experience, preferably in category management, strategic sourcing, other procurement-related role, related analytical role, or through other materials and/or services purchasing experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge of large complex: MSAs, IT Professional Services, IT Outsourcing Agreements, IT Managed Services Agreements, and Cyber Security Schedules.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Software Licensing, Software as a Services, Cyber Security Schedules
- Working knowledge in Project Management.
- Capable of creating and negotiating commercial terms and conditions in standard contract templates without assistance from legal counsel, and advanced working knowledge with legal terms and conditions.
- Capable of reviewing & redlining statement of works to ensure responsibilities are clearly documented, acceptance criteria is present, deliverables are identified and tied to milestones, if applicable.
- Ability to review complex contractual problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Contract management skills, measuring and managing supplier performance.
- Persuasive communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM).
- Masters Degree An MBA, J.D. or advanced degree is desirable.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Project management expertise in the utility industry.
- Deep commodity or domain expertise with assigned company projects, including but not limited to: IT professional services, IT outsourcing service agreements and managed service agreements, IT Software (SaaS and On-Prem), sourcing, and/or project management.
- Travel is required to the field, job sites and supplier/contractor plants/facilities, domestically or internationally.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.