Title: ServiceNow Architect
Location: San Antonio, Texas - onsite
Schedule: 4 days onsite 1 day remote
Job Type: Perm Direct Hire
Company Industry: Oil & Gas
Interview Process: 3 rounds
The IT Architect position will provide innovative ServiceNow solutions that provide high-end ITSM, ITOM, ITAM and ITBM services built to accommodate an ever-changing and constantly evolving enterprise needs. We are looking for a passionate ServiceNow-skilled individual to help continue the growth of our ITSM architecture and systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of ServiceNow platforms and be able to apply industry best practices to our suite of application architectures, technologies, tools and provide thought leadership to the organization. This position will serve as a subject matter expert in the ServiceNow, ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, ITAM, OTOM and OTSM space and play a key role in influencing roadmap development. The ideal candidate will require minimal guidance and supervision, maintain a positive attitude, possess excellent communication skills and serve as a mentor to other team members.
This position is a part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Designs and develops Information Technology (IT) architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.
- Leads design, implementation plans, and high-level visibility and modernization efforts
- Performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications. Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings. Ensure solutions design meet business requirements and are aligned with the overall strategy of IT.
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Identifies areas of opportunity for improvement through integration, automation and enhanced business capabilities and ensure we are fully utilizing and benefiting from tools across the enterprise.
- Resolves major underlying technology issues that may arise within a project or product.
- Identifies opportunities to make significant changes in the process to eliminate outages, reduce waste, improve process and execution efficiencies, and improve communication across the organization.
- Addresses new or enhanced business capabilities through market and solution assessments.
- Develops, updates, and maintains conceptual and logical architecture designs to support current state of technologies, as well as architecture processes and practices.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent related experience required.
- 5 or more years of diversified information technology experience required, including a minimum of 4 years’ experience with IT architecture.
- Minimum 8 years of ITSM platform and process design experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of ServiceNow platform architecture, design and support experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of ITIL process design experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of ITSM platform integration design and support experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Incident Mgt, Problem Mgt, Change Mgt, Request Mgt, Asset Mgt and Portfolio Mgt
- Strong understanding of CMDB, CSDM, Discovery, Event Mgt, Configuration Mgt and Operations Mgt processes
- Strong understanding of ServiceNow architecture, support and service delivery
- Deep understanding of SDLC, Agile and Release Mgt processes
- Experience partnering with suppliers, service providers, business facing IT, and clients to deliver solutions.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.