Apex Systems is a global IT services provider, and our staffing practice has an opening for an IT Director with 10+ years’ experience managing a technical team, Knowledge in Pega, ODS, and SWIFT payment to place at our client, a Big Five Bank.
Client: Big Five Bank
Terms: Contract to Hire.
Perks: 4 weeks’ Vacation, pension, stock options, Bonus
Location: Hybrid, 1 day a week in office, Downtown Toronto–Close to Union Station
Application Process: It is best to apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to [email protected] Please reference "Client Pipeline #1364762 IT Director"
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and grow a team of approximately 10 individuals, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Currency Management: Oversee all currency work within the portfolio, ensuring systems are up-to-date and compliant with industry standards.
- Project Management: Manage the end-to-end project lifecycle, including intake, planning, execution, and closure, while ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Incident? Management: Efficiently handle incidents, providing timely resolution and minimizing disruptions to business operations.
- Executive Communication: Articulate project updates, status, and challenges clearly and concisely to executives and other stakeholders
- Governance Oversight: Collaborate with the governance structure/team and engage in governance-related tasks, making up approximately 20% of the role.
- Auditing and Compliance: Manage projects from an auditing and compliance perspective, ensuring adherence to regulatory requirement.
- Vendor and Stakeholder Management: Work closely with vendors internal stakeholders, QA, business analysts, and business stakeholders to ensure seamless collaboration and project success.
- Technical Expertise: Possess a strong technical background to make informed decisions, especially during critical situations and discussions with technical teams
- Budget Management: Understand the overall budget and exercise financial prudence while managing projects and collaborating with the governance team.
Quick Learner: Be adept at quickly grasping new concepts and effectively collaborating with executives, stakeholders, and diverse teams.
· 10+ years of experience in IT portfolio management or related roles, with a track record of success.
· Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical executives.
· Familiarity with managing vendor applications and technical teams.
· Financial services industry experience, including knowledge of Pega and Cloud technologies.
· Proven ability to handle incidents and crises effectively, making prompt decisions when required.
· Exceptional project management capabilities, including estimating, risk management, and deviation handling.
· Bachelors degree in a relevant field, or equivalent industry experience.
Interview Process: We are working exclusively with the hiring manager on this position. There will be 2 or 3 rounds of virtual interviews.
This a great opportunity to join a Big Five Bank and continue your management career in the financial domain. Be a part of a great work environment with a very well-organized team and colleagues who will help you succeed.
This is a position that impacts the bank enterprise wide with great opportunity for career growth within the bank.
If you are not a 99% match to the above, and want to be considered for other opportunities at our enterprise clients, register for our Talent Network where you can receive job alerts about new opportunities that match your interests.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.