SQL Developer - Lead
Type: 12 month contract to hire
Location: Houston, Texas
Schedule: 3 days a week on site, 2 days work from home
Compensation: $50-63/hr w2
- This person will be responsible for maintaining the quality and direction of data solutions in support of our Finance team. The role requires knowledge of database development tools and services, with an emphasis on SSAS.
- Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
- Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- Minimum seven (7+) years experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with strong expertise in data analysis, data modeling, data governance and involvement in enterprise architecture
- Minimum of five (5+) years experience, hands-on, data profiling and performance tuning databases and data marts with Oracle and / or SQL Server
- Experience with performance improvement using Azure and/or on-premise Microsoft technologies
- Experience taking a leading role in architecting, designing and developing solutions exceeding business expectations
- Knowledge of interpreting business processes and requirements and translating them into logical and physical data models adhering to documented standards and best practices
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills with experience in interacting with business and technical teams at all levels
- This person will be ultimately responsible for performing the data analysis and profiling necessary to provide direction, standards, and implementation of data management solutions associated with data ingestion, transformation, integration, and analytics
- Engage in full stack Microsoft BI development activities to deploy usable and measurable projects meeting business needs leveraging tools such as SSIS, SSAS, stored procedures and Power BI
- Write complex Stored procedures to harmonize data sets for reporting
- Setup dimensional/tabular data models
- Setup and deploy row/object level security
- Develop and publish Power BI reports
- Provide input and implement solutions to drive the continuous improvement of the development and support teams
- Participate in data integration, business intelligence (BI), and enterprise information management programs by rationalizing data processing to support reuse
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.