Title: Windows Admin
Location: North Fort Worth
Contract: 1 year, potential to extend
Hybrid, requiring 2 to 3 days per week on-site and 2 to 3 days remote (from home)
Hours: Regular business hours, 1 week per month on call
This position is for a System Administrator for our Train Control infrastructure. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter problem solver and should have experience with managing physical and virtual hardware types using and troubleshooting current Windows operating system and server clusters scripting and using Active Directory and various monitoring tools to maintain uptime in a highly available mission critical environment.
The candidate should possess the ability to work closely with the Operations department application teams and scheduled personnel. Must be willing to effectively work in a team environment. The environment supports safety critical applications and will require on call coverage in a 24/7 environment.
• Observe and practice a safety mindset for all activities.
• Communicate with enterprise customers to understand scope impact and best practices for service delivery.
• Maintain information in configuration management systems to assure compliance and adherence to best practices security policies and disaster recovery requirements for all systems.
• Perform software and system configuration tasks to end-user workstations and servers through the use of automation and deployment tools.
• Participate in the research test and deployment of application operating system and hardware patches/updates in accordance with policy. Perform reboots of systems to ensure patch compliance.
• Maintain backups of critical systems in accordance with service expectations and policies.
• Operate within the organizational policies procedures and programs that increase system reliability/availability and strengthen disaster recovery policies and procedures.
• Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic 24/7 environment while effectively prioritizing tasks.
• Observe change management principles and utilize change management software to document changes and work performed.
• Proactive and reactive response to issues expected with minimal supervisory interaction and good communication leveraging several monitoring and management tools to ensure highly available systems.
• Capable of undertaking projects with complete ownership of planning scheduling implementing and documenting relevant aspects with minimal supervision while balancing with daily system administration duties.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a Technology related discipline and/or at least 4-5 years of related experience in Information Technology for critical Enterprise infrastructures.
• Leadership and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional diplomatic and tactful manner.
• 3 years of experience with Monitoring Tools
.• 3 Years of experience administering later versions of Windows Server.
• Availability for 24X7 on call support.
• Commvault/Storage Backup experience. Knowledge of and experience with the following technologies is desired:
• Maintaining troubleshooting and repairing the following operating systems: • Windows Server 2012 2016 2019
• Windows 10• Microsoft Clustering Technology
• Configuration/Systems Management Tools Altiris Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
• Monitoring Software What’s Up Gold Dell OME Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
• Backup solutions Commvault
• Antivirus Symantec Endpoint
• Understand of PowerShell scripting and usage
• Automation of tasks and workflows with System Management tools and PowerShell
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.