Senior Data Scientist
Our Enterprise Data and Analytics team is growing, and were looking for an outstanding Senior Data Scientist to join our team. At Huntington, you will leverage machine learning, segmentation, and statistical inference on huge data sets to improve how we understand our customers and the communities we serve. Our goal is to be the Best performing Regional Bank in America, and we need data and analytics to meet that goal. As we advance our data science and analytics capabilities, we want experts in modeling complex business problems and discovering business insights using statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques. The Senior Data Scientist contributes to building and developing the organization’s data infrastructure and supports the senior leadership with insights, management reports, and analysis for decision-making processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced analytics methods to extract value from business data.
- Performs large-scale experimentation and build data-driven models to answer business questions.
- Conducts research on cutting-edge techniques and tools in machine learning/deep learning/artificial intelligence.
- Determines requirements that will be used to train and evolve deep learning models and algorithms.
- Articulates a vision and roadmap for the exploitation of data as a valued corporate asset.
- Influences product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations.
- Evangelizes best practices to analytics and products teams.
- Owns the entire model development process, from identifying the business requirements, data sourcing, model fitting, presenting results, and production scoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in computer science, statistics, economics or related fields
- 3+ years of work and/or educational experience in machine learning or cloud computing, experience using statistics and machine learning to solve complex business problems, experience conducting statistical analysis with advanced statistical software, experience scripting languages, and packages, experience building and deploying predictive models, experience web scraping, and scalable data pipelines and experience with big data analysis tools and techniques.
- Up-to-date knowledge of machine learning and data analytics tools and techniques
- Strong knowledge in predictive modeling methodology
- Experienced at leveraging both structured and unstructured data sources
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies on the job
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently across multiple tasks while meeting aggressive timelines
- Strategic, intellectually curious thinker with focus on outcomes
- Professional image with the ability to form relationships across functions
- Strong experience with R/RStudio, Python, SAS, SQL, NoSQL
- Strong experience with Cloud Machine Learning technologies (e.g., AWS Sagemaker)
- Strong experience with machine learning environments (e.g., TensorFlow, scikit-learn, caret)
- Strong understanding of statistical methods and skills such as Bayesian Networks Inference, linear and non-linear regression, hierarchical, mixed models/multi-level modeling
- Financial Services background
Pay rate will be between $49-$54 an hour depending on experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.