Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst
6-Month Contract with potential for extension
Hybrid in Houston, TX – 2-3 days onsite per week
As an Analyst on the IT Tech Ops Support team, you are responsible for supporting the Incident Management processes within the IT organization. You possess expertise in the Technical Operations customer area and have a technical understanding of the critical technical systems and capabilities to support operations. You analyze customer processes and requirements, prepare specified documentation according to ITIL, SDLC, and Agile standards, maintain communication with customer and team members and drive support items quickly to resolution.
- Communicates with business users to perform business impact analysis for all incidents
- Guide business users with basic troubleshooting to quickly resolve incidents
- Provides regular reporting and metrics covering Incident Management for key stakeholders and senior leadership
- Document and communicate defects to development team for redamation
- Support business requirements and manage change implementation
- Perform risk management to prevent and remediate critical incidents and outages
- Manage relationships with other IT departments and vendor support
- Identify and analyze patterns of business activity to understand the levels of demand that will be placed on a service
- Ensure regular customer-focused communications are provided and appropriate (alerts, statements, bulletins)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other interfacing teams and business partners to maintain and improve incident management and application development
- Makes decisions accurately within guidelines & policy
- May require up to 20% of work time outside of core business hours (8:30am-5pm)
- May require up to 10% of work time traveling
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication and task management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS, ServiceNow, and Agile/SCRUM principles
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Visio
- Knowledge or experience with SQL, .NET, or iOS, is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration
- Required 1-2 years of IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.