Production Supervisor - Manufacturing - Onsite 5 days/week in Green Island, NY
*Candidates must be USC/GC holders and work on clients W2 full time without sponsorship*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee a specific department and team within the production process.
- Coordinate the team’s activities to accomplish the established production and safety goals.
- Manage and inspect the team’s output to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Train and coach associates to follow and maintain production SOPs.
- Responsible for maintaining high employee morale and positive relationships, addressing and managing absenteeism and employee performance.
- Responsible for teaching safe work practices, good housekeeping procedures and seeing that they are adhered to.
- Recommends changes or improvement in methods, equipment, handling or lay-out.
- Responsible for controlling scrap and waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ experience in supervising others and maintaining efficient and productive work groups.
- Skills in developing, communicating and maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with and among employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a practical, methodical way while preserving sense of urgency
- Solid computer skills, to include data entry, Excel, and Word
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.