Apex Systems is looking for a Programmer Analyst position for a large government client of ours located in Suffolk, VA. This position will sit 100% on site in Suffolk Virginia and will be a 6 month contract to hire.
How to apply:
Send your most up to date resume to Trevor Jones at [email protected] as well as the best time/number to reach you at!
**W2 only- No C2C**
Client: City of Suffolk
Location: 100% on site in Suffolk City Hall
Title: Programmer Analyst
Duration: 6 months contract to hire
Pay Rate: $35-42/hr
- Knowledge of MS SQL and various MS tools.
- Ability to create reports using SSRS.
- Ability to create SQL Server Integration Services package.
- Ability to perform systems maintenance tasks; monitor systems performance to ensure efficiency of applications; troubleshoot system problems; prepare specifications for system changes and enhancements.
- Ability to coordinate enhancements and upgrades to office computer systems; translate user requirements into system, equipment, and/or program specifications.
- Ability to work with various departments to meet specific system needs; analyze, design, and prepare specifications for system changes and enhancements; perform upgrades and coordinate additional upgrades.
- Serve as departmental liaison in matters relating to information technology systems; provide information and assistance related to technology programs, services, documentation, procedures, problems, or other issues; respond to questions/complaints, research problems, and initiate problem resolution.
- Conduct information technology needs analysis: work with, various departments and management staff to identify and define information technology needs; make determinations regarding options to meet technology needs.
- Provide technical support, training, information, and assistance to staff in use of technology systems; serve as training coordinator to provide technical training services for staff members.
- Coordinate enhancements and upgrades to assigned systems; translate user requirements into application; develop, prepare, and maintain assigned applications including manuals and tables; work to meet specific system application needs; analyze, design, and prepare specifications for system application changes and enhancements; perform upgrades and coordinates additional upgrades.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Research, plan installs, configure, troubleshoot, maintains operating systems and interfaces, and upgrade hardware and software.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes; write and maintain system documentation.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff and vendors to ensure network connectivity and compatibility between systems.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.