Apex Systems is seeking a Senior EHS Coordinator/Specialist to join our client, a leader in the Medical Device industry. There are two openings, one onsite in Raynham, MA and one onsite in Bridgewater, MA. Both are long-term (multi-year) contracts, with high potential to convert permanent.
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to Jenny DeMaria at [email protected] and reference Job ID #1366720.
The Senior EHS Coordinator/Specialist, under general supervision, will plan, lead, and implement Safety and Industrial Hygiene programs to achieve company goals and strategies. They are responsible for establishing and maintaining robust processes that identify, evaluate, and control Safety and IH risk in the workplace. This role partners with various business groups in Operations, R&D, Warehouse, and Office to provide technical mentorship and implement continuous improvement initiatives. They conduct comprehensive assessments and data analysis to establish strategies and inspire change to meet company, franchise, and site goals. They will ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, as well as company EHS Standards. They will also participate on diverse, high-caliber, multi-functional teams to provide solutions for Safety and IH issues.
- Demonstrate ability to apply current knowledge of applicable local and government safety regulations (e.g., OSHA, etc.) and reporting requirements.
- Connect with site business leaders regarding safety compliance policies, site practices, and issues.
- Coordinate site teams and committees to develop and implement specific Safety & IH practices and procedures (i.e., incident response team, EHS champion team, laboratory safety committee, EHS site inspections).
- Provide Safety & IH technical support through the Management of Change process for new facility construction, equipment purchases, and new product development projects.
- Plan and perform industrial hygiene qualitative and quantitative risk assessments, sampling, and reporting.
- Implement the contractor safety program and permit to work program to evaluate risk and establish high value controls.
- Develop and deliver technical training and safety awareness programs in support of company's hazard/risk profile.
- Conduct annual program reviews, identify deficiencies, develop and lead implementation of management action plans, and monitor progress.
- Perform internal audits of safety compliance.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree or focused degree in Safety or Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, or other equivalent science field or subject area preferred
- Certifications preferred: CSP, CIH, and/or CHMM
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant work experience
- Safety and Industrial Hygiene experience, including identifying, evaluating, and controlling risks in the workplace
- Technical/working knowledge of federal, state, and local EHS regulations
- Demonstrated project leadership skills, with the ability to lead projects and produce and maintain project schedules/budgets
- Excellent planning, influencing, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including demonstrated ability to generate presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, and reports
- Experience working with EHS data reporting and tracking systems
- Technical experience in diverse Safety and Industrial Hygiene areas including but not limited to contractor safety, ergonomics, electrical safety, machine safety, or biosafety
- Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing/production environment
- Requires ability to meet the physical demands, including periods of standing, production floor/facility mobility, and lifting up to 25 lbs
- Requires up to 5% domestic travel, including frequent travel to Bridgewater, MA
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.