BI Data Analyst
This role analyzes data sources and existing analytical models to participate in functional design and support the creation of data validation scripts and other test requirements. The BI Data Analyst partners with the BI Analysts, BI Architect, BI Developers, Data Integration Developers, business users, and management to design, develop and implement complex analytic applications to solve complex business problems.
- Work with product owners to develop and prioritize analytic application requirements and establish governance processes as required
- Gain and maintain a thorough understanding of supported business area(s) with the ability to analyze and solve complex data problems
- Recommend statistical or analytical models and provide functional design specifications for new development and major enhancements
- Work directly with BI and Analytics developers to create systems that satisfy business requirements and adhere to accepted design standards
- Participate in the creation, maintenance and publication of data standards
- Provide thorough acceptance criteria for all data related requirements and data validation from source system to report display
- Create and Maintain Business Process documentation and Data Models as needed
- Work with testing team to develop and maintain functional test cases and scenarios
- Review and facilitate remediation of defects resulting from regression and load testing
- Participate in all customer demos for completed application requirements
- Participate in the change management process by ensuring that documented processes are followed
- Ensure that all required documentation is complete and stored appropriately
- Associate degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of specific experience in Data Architecture, Data Warehousing, Complex Data Structures, Source to Target mapping and Governance
- Proficiency in Data Architecture and Modeling
- Demonstrated multi-platform SQL skills including Oracle, DB2 for iSeries, and T-SQL
- Working knowledge of Data Integration practices including ETL, ELT, JSON, XML and Streaming/Event Processing for Big Data solutions.
- Working knowledge or SAS, R, or other statistical analysis tools helpful
- Demonstrated ability to develop and document requirements and specifications
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with PC tools including Microsoft Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint
- Experience with ER Studio, Erwin, Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler
- Experience working with Business Intelligence and Analytic Toolsets
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task as a team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer
- Ability to talk on and hear the telephone
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
General office environment where the noise level is usually low. No travel required.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.