The main function of a manufacturing engineer is to apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production. A typical manufacturing engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
- Study time, motion, methods, and speed involved in maintenance, production, and other operations to establish standard production rate and improve efficiency.
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Read worker logs, product processing sheets, and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
- Aid in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Proven prior experience working within a highly collaborative team environment
- Previous experience in a medical device or pharmaceutical setting performing equipment validation and testing
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- 2-4 years experience required.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.