Mid Software Test Engineer (SDET)
To apply please email your resume to [email protected]
Software Development Test Engineer II
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with analysts, product owners, business customers, and developers to understand functional and technical requirements and business processes.
- Partner with fellow quality engineering resources.
- Execute and implement effective test strategies, plans, and test cases to validate software functionality, performance, and security.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts using industry-standard automation tools, frameworks, and languages.
- Continuously improve the test automation framework and test suites to enhance test coverage and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the development and product teams to understand requirements and user stories to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Perform thorough testing of new features, enhancements, and bug fixes, both manually and through automation.
- Identify, isolate, document, and track defects throughout the testing process using issue tracking tools.
- Investigate and analyze test failures, working closely with developers to resolve issues and improve product quality.
- Execute test cases that may include functional, system, regression, integration, and end to end.
- Provide accurate metrics and status on testing progress.
- Strategize and Grow
- Continuously gather feedback on the testing process and refine our approach to deliver robust quality solutions and delight our customers.
- Apply knowledge of testing solutions, methodologies, and techniques to ensure quality is baked into all testing deliverables
- Create efficiencies with the testing process to minimize delivery time and standardize delivery
This is a hands-on testing role that will follow through on Quality Engineering activities in an Agile team/environment that will support multi-platform applications across the enterprise.
- 2-7+ years of hands-on testing experience
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or similar role, with a strong focus on test automation.
- Hands-on experience with automation tools such as Selenium, Appium, or similar.
- Solid programming skills with proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably .NET C#.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies, testing types, and best practices.
- Ability to work in an agile development environment, collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of both Software Development Life Cycle and DevOps best practices such as Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration/Delivery for distributed services
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
Nice To Have:
- Experience with load testing and performance testing tools like JMeter or Gatling.
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Previous experience in a lead or mentorship role.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
Client Organization Details:
- Large, family-owned business who like to operate with a small company feel and culture!
- Highly respected, with exceptional benefits and numerous accolades, including ‘Rising Star’ awards and ‘Leader in Sustainability.’
- They are AWS’ #1 client in the Southeast and #1 client in the automotive industry.
- Their Product, Technology and Data are fully integrated, and they have 500+ Scrum teams.
- Have launched a movement to positively impact 34 million lives by 2034 in areas like technology access and education, social equity, and environmental sustainability through a wide range of company programs, partnerships, and employee volunteer opportunities.
- Potential to provide the opportunity to drive innovation in other sectors where the company family of brands operates like cleantech, health care and esports
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.