GIS Data Architect
Position: GIS Architect
Location: Remote in Texas
Duration: Long term on going
Rate: $75+/hr W-2
The Sr. GIS architect will help build data warehouse strategy and components based on business requirement and in-depth analysis of intelligent roadway data, including intelligent traffic technology, and connected and automated vehicle data.
• Work with stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical specification, including data streams, integrations, transformations, data warehouses, and data marts.
• Provides guidelines on creating data models and various standards relating to governed data
• Assists in performing root cause analyses related to information issues and non-conformance to published data standards based on review of technical metadata of various source systems
• Lead the effort in managing intelligent roadway data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modeling, metadata, security, reference data, master data, and transactional data
• Work with enterprise architecture team and services team to incorporate modernizing data governance, data quality, and metadata management into architectural approach and patterns
• Coordinate and collaborate with multiple divisions, departments, stakeholders, and partner solutions.
• Work closely with GIS teams and customers to understand their data needs and design data models and systems that can support those needs. This may involve working with a variety of data sources, such as traffic sensors, GPS data, weather data, and other relevant sources
• Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the integration infrastructure that supports transportation systems. This includes collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing data related to traffic patterns, travel times, vehicle counts, and other information that can help transportation intelligence
8- Expertise in developing and maintaining a comprehensive GIS and data management strategy that aligns with the organization's overall goals and objectives
8- Experience in GIS software and tools, such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and Open Layers, as well as database management systems like Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake and PostgreSQL.
8- Experience in collaborating with business and IT stakeholders to understand data requirements and recommend data solutions that meet business needs
8- Expertise in evaluating and selecting data management tools, technologies, and platforms that are appropriate for the organization's needs
6- Experience in providing guidance and support to data management and analysis teams to ensure that data solutions are designed and implemented effectively
6- Good experience with programming languages such as Python, R, Scala, and SQL
2- Experience in working with Geospatial Information data systems for transportation or fleet coordination organization
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.