IT Project Manager/Product Owner
Perform project management from project initiation through completion for strategic initiatives and efforts to support the strategic growth and transformation initiatives of the Dealer Retail Services Technology team supporting the Regional Acceptance Auto Technology team. Projects range in complexity scale, type and duration. Work with key stakeholders, including senior leaders, executives, and business unit relationship managers to clearly define project scope, vision and approach to meet business needs and achieve defined objectives. Ensure projects are documented, prioritized and executed to address project requirements and to mitigate potential project risks.
• Provide leadership in managing critical day-to-day program/project elements including: project vision/objectives, financials, scope, quality, schedule, resourcing, vendor management, dependencies, risks, status reporting, stakeholder engagement, business readiness/change management, and value realization necessary to deliver specified requirements, objectives and value.
• Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes and ensure appropriate and professional communication among project stakeholders.
• Manage projects through the project lifecycle.
• Document the project charter, roles, tasks and measures of success.
• Evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution and take corrective action as necessary.
• Ensure adherence to Truist and other applicable corporate policies and processes.
• Proactively develop innovative approaches, risk mitigation strategies, quality control and continuous improvement.
• Provide feedback to group managers regarding the work performance of members.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or technology-related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. 3+ years of project management experience with increasing complexity of projects and level of responsibilities within a professional environment, including eight years of applicable business experience
3. Knowledge in software development lifecycle in an enterprise environment
4. Knowledge of the Agile Project Framework and ability to lead a team using Scrum
5. Goal-oriented and action-focused
6. Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
7. Objective, transparent, fact-based and value-focused communication style
8. Ability to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands
9. Proven ability to direct the efforts of others
1. Has achieved Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and advancing towards Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
2. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
3. 1 Year of financial services-related experience managing large complex enterprise program initiatives
4. Knowledge and experience using the Rally software.
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.